Bagan is a truly mesmerizing destination, and a favourite of many travellers. Renowned as the city of four million pagodas, this is one of the richest archaeological sites in Asia. Today there are more than
2,000 pagodas, temples and monasteries -- most built during the Bagan Dynasty, founded by King Anawrahta in 1044.
At 8:00am, we’ll go to lively Nyaung U Market where your guide will help you to discover a variety of Burmese traditional breakfasts. For breakfast, you will have your breakfast at a local tea house, which is situated next to the market. This Nyaung U Market provides great photo opportunity, and also the chance for tourists to mingle with the local Myanmar people, and watch how they conduct their daily lives.
Next, we will start sightseeing as below:
- Shwe-Zi-Gon Pagoda (considered a prototype of all future such temples)
- Hti-Lo-Min-Lo Temple (a double-storied building with artistic stucco works)
- Ananda Temple (the architectural masterpiece of a millennium)
- That-Byin-Nyu Temple (the tallest in Bagan)
- Dham-Ma-Yan-Gyi Temple (noted for its intricate brickwork)
- Shwe-San-Daw Pagoda (We will spend this evening at the top of this pagoda for a superb sunset view)